About "Istria from Smrikve" cultural travel guide and E-book
"ISTRIA FROM SMRIKVE" – CULTURAL TRAVEL GUIDE and E-BOOK ABOUT ISTRIAN CULTURE
- is the first cultural travel guide E-book about Istria
- preparation of "Istria from Smrikve" started in July 2007
- it is on line since March 26th, 2009. (constantly updated)
- aims to promote Istria as cultural tourism destination... Slow Travel, Slow Food and Sustainable Living... In many towns and villages you may find the permament virtual “Slow Travel Exhibition” of selected families and events worth visiting... recommended accommodations, restaurants, wine and olive oil to taste or event to attend...
- is written and created by Miodrag BOZOVIC
NOTE ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The author of "Istria from Smrikve" is native from Pula (Pola) - ISTRIA. In Pula he completed his high school education: Scientific High School “Branko Semelic” and Conservatory of Music “Ivan Matetic Ronjgov”. He studied accordion but he also learned to play guitar and piano. Thanks to the music, and accordion in particular, he had the opportunity to travel abroad and was awarded with several national and international prizes.
After high school completion, the "Istria from Smrikve" author spent 15 years living outside Istria, mostly in: Milan, Barcelona, New York and Turin.
During that period he graduated in Business Administration at BOCCONI University (Milan) with magna cum laude, and he also graduated in Political Science at Universita' degli Studi di Milano with focus on International Relations.
The author also holds Master CEMS degree obtained jointly from ESADE Business School (Barcelona) and BOCCONI University. This Master program was focused on European Union development and International Management. In 2009 the CEMS program has been ranked the number 1 Master's in Management programme in the World by the Financial Times.
During his Investment Banking professional experience he was part, for a year, of Ambrosetti’s Young Leaders program and he successfully completed the CITICORP Development Program in finance (New York).
In 1996 he founded Smrikva Bowl and in 2002, jointly with Maureen Connolly Brinker (MCB) Tennis Foundation, he also founded “Little Mo”/Smrikva Bowl - the first ever under 10 international tennis competition between the United States and Europe. Today Smrikva Bowl is considered one of the most important under 10 tennis tournaments in the World.
The author is PTR Certified Professional Tennis Coach and Member, and continues to attend Dennis Van Der Meer Tennis University Europe. Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) is the largest global organization of tennis teachers and coaches.
His professional experience includes 9 years of M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) experience in the Investment Banking Industry.
The author gained his experience in prestigious Financial and Advisory Institutions such as: KPMG, JP Morgan, Citigroup, Banca IMI and UBS.
“Istria from Smrikve” is his first E-book and is a gift to Smrikve and people who enjoy different cultures. This E-book aims to provide the reader with useful information about the places that should be visited in Istria and promote Istria as cultural destination.
Cosmopolite is another authors’ gift to the friends of Smrikve…
"ISTRIA FROM SMRIKVE" IN NUMBERS:
- over 90 towns and villages are presented (history and architecture via virtual tour)
- over 2000 photos of most representative palaces, monuments and natural beauties (described in 3 languages)
- database with over 300 top restaurants, olive oil producers and wine makers
- over 600 pages
- about 30 maps of major towns and villages with indications of the most significant monuments and buildings to visit
- over 120 videos related to Istrian locations, families and musicians
- over 6000 working hours were invested in "Istria from Smrikve"