Klostar – San Michele di Leme: “St. Romualdo’s Monastery”
Klostar belonged for its administration to Porec but for the jurisdiction to the Aquileia Patriarchs until the 15th century. In 1516 suffered from plague and the Austro – Venetian war few years before. Only in 1528 the Monks returned to the property.
In 1652 the Pope Innocenzo X closed the Monks community and in 1707 the Monastery was sold to a hermite group of people that soon after abandoned the property for the health reasons.
In 1771 the property was bought by Counts Coletti from Terviso that lived in Porec at the time. During the mid of the 19th century the property passed to Austria because Coletti family did not have successors. Later on Austria used the Monastery as military barracks and for the woods guardians.